Today I was looking on what I have related with kernel on my notebook and found many interesting pointers that could be interesting for those who are starting (or want to start) to develop code for the Linux kernel, here’s what I found:
- Linux Kernel Development: Getting Started by Randy Dunlap
- Good start for those who want to understand better how is the community and how to join it.
- Welcome potential kernel hackers by Christoph Hellwig
- Good start to see how to play with modules and kernel hacking.
- Kernel Newbies
- Good website for beginners, has many documented stuff, mailing list, IRC to help who is starting with kernel development.
- Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition
- Excellent book for those who are plaining to develop device drivers.
- Kernel’s Official Documentation
- Of course, the official documentation with many good stuff.
So, for those who are interested in reading these links and start to developing code for the Linux kernel, have fun =)