I’m really happy to announce the final release of Mamona 0.2!
We’ve been working very hard to accomplish what we wanted for the final release, since the 0.2-Beta release.
We could not delivery everything we wanted, but this is a major improvement from the latest release.
Some of the main highlights for 0.2:
- Improved SDK
- Xephyr support on SDK
- Full Emulation
- Virtual Keyboard
- Wireless Network with Network Manager API
- Command line interface for Network Manager
- Web browser: Midori
- New installer, with our own Qemu (don’t need to mess up with your system anymore 🙂
- Completely rewritten wiki documentation
- New Enlightenment wallpaper
You can find the installation instructions and much more at the Documentation wikipage.
And, as always, features planned for the next release:
- Rebase to the latest OE repository
- Push Mamona’s patches to OE
- Full support of QT 4
- Initial support for KDE 4
- Something to report the battery status to the user
- More machines: beagleboard
- ARMv7 support
- a newer gcc, glibc and other applications.
- more applications
- MDM – Mamona Device Manager
We’re also planning to make new releases more often, so wait for the next release soon 😉
Please, try Mamona 0.2 and give us some feedback, so we can improve the platform for the next release.
And finally, a big thanks for everybody who helped making this release possible 🙂