Mamona 0.2 is out!
I’m really happy to announce the final release of Mamona 0.2!
We’ve been working very hard to accomplish what we wanted for the final release, since the 0.2-Beta release.
We could not delivery everything we wanted, but this is a major improvement from the latest release.
Some of the main highlights for 0.2:
- Improved SDK
- Xephyr support on SDK
- Full Emulation
- Virtual Keyboard
- Wireless Network with Network Manager API
- Command line interface for Network Manager
- Web browser: Midori
- New installer, with our own Qemu (don’t need to mess up with your system anymore :-)
- Completely rewritten wiki documentation
- New Enlightenment wallpaper
You can find the installation instructions and much more at the Documentation wikipage.
And, as always, features planned for the next release:
- Rebase to the latest OE repository
- Push Mamona’s patches to OE
- Full support of QT 4
- Initial support for KDE 4
- Something to report the battery status to the user
- More machines: beagleboard
- ARMv7 support
- a newer gcc, glibc and other applications.
- more applications
- MDM – Mamona Device Manager
We’re also planning to make new releases more often, so wait for the next release soon ;-)
Please, try Mamona 0.2 and give us some feedback, so we can improve the platform for the next release.
And finally, a big thanks for everybody who helped making this release possible :-)