During the end of October and beginning of November we had the last Linaro Connect for the year. This time we also had it together with the Ubuntu Developer Summit, giving us the opportunity to better discuss the roadmap with both Linaro and the Ubuntu team.
From the Developer Platform team perspective, we had a quite nice week, with demos happening at Monday and Friday (showing people what we’ve been working on), and also sharing some great news with the Ubuntu team, now that Mark Shuttleworth announced that Ubuntu will go to Tablets, TVs and Phones (and ARM for sure will be a huge part of that).
Some nice links and videos of what happened during that week (related with our team):
* Sessions related with the Developer Platform Team (Ubuntu)
* Linaro Demo: Ubuntu Unity with OpenGL ES on Pandaboard
* Linaro Developer Platform Tech Lead Ricardo Salveti Interview at Linaro Connect
* Linaro Connect Q4.11 – Ubuntu LEB tutorial
* Linaro Connect Q4.11 – Interview with Marcin Juszkiewicz
Linaro 11.11 Release
Another quite good achievement for us during November was the 11.11 release.
During this release we had a quite a few great highlights, including some that we were planning for quite a while already:
* Ability to cross build Firefox using Multiarch
* OMAP4 SPL USB Booting, enabling USB boot at Pandaboard
* ARM DS-5 support for the 5.8 release
* CI Builds for Linaro GCC both for cross and native
* And a lot of bug fixes
Now it’s time to get ready to develop the blueprints we’re planning for 11.12, to also make December another great and solid month 🙂 (will do another post about the 11.12 planning later this one).